« Wild West Arts Convention 2007 | Main | More Wild West Pictures »

May 01, 2007


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.


As the granddaughter of a vet in Central MO, I really enjoy reading your blog. It brings back a lot of memories, especially your stories about clients.

I spent a lot of my summers and weekends with them, going on calls and "helping" with surgeries. They had some real characters drop by, many of which I'll never forget! Thanks for sharing!

roberta mouser

i ned help , i need to know if i need a state health cerificate before the 2 of nov. 2007. can you please help me?


Most states require a health certificate for entry, but the circumstances do vary depending on what type of animal, what state, and the purpose and duration of the visit. Airlines always require a health certificate.

I would need to know what type of animal you have, where you are going, and the purpose of the visit, ie. you are selling the animal, going to a horse-show and coming back, you are on vacation, you are moving there, etc.

In just crossing the state line, you are unlikely to be stopped and inspected. They just don't have the manpower. However, all states do periodic spot-checks and if you are caught with no health certificate, they can fine you and impound the animal.

Thanks for reading and writing.

The comments to this entry are closed.